Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bespectacled



I love my job, don’t get me wrong, and I love that I have benefits—both medical and dental. But I really, really, really wish that I had vision insurance too. It wouldn’t be such a big deal if I had a simple prescription. I’m near-sighted, which sounds simple enough, but of course the way my eyes work, the only way to get a proper prescription is to dilate my eyes EVERY time I go in for an eye exam.  So between the exam, the dilation, the lenses, and the frames, well I’m pretty much left in the hole for a good while after I visit the optometrist.
I’ve been putting off this year’s appointment because I can’t justify spending that kind of cash. But oh, wait, as if the email gods were hearing my annoying whining… bam! An email from Daily Candy shows up in my inbox, and the hippest specs from Warby Parker were staring me in the face. The price was perfect, and I can really get behind their business principles. Not only do they dis on over-priced Rx eyewear, but they also give a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair sold. “You mean I can look cooler WHILE AT THE SAME TIME I can support a noble cause? Where do I sign up?” says my inner hipster. So I decided to try out their “Home Try-On” option that lets you order up to 5 pairs of glasses for FREE to try on for 5 days. I figured why not let the world see the awesomeness of these beauties on my mug. I liked three of the five, so here they are in no particular order. Oh and my tripod was MIA while I had these, so I had to nerd it up and use photobooth…



3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on the glasses thing. How is a person supposed to pick out glasses (which are something they are going to where on their face everyday) when they can't see? They should at least have the courtesy to suggest people pick out new frames just in case before they dilate your eyes. :)
    I love glasses - I would love to have unlimited funds so I could change them like accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I've thought that too--I usually just wander around for a while until my eyes go kind of back to normal so I can pick out something halfway decent!
    I would also love to have like, a pair for every day of the week, just for some variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband got a pair from them and i can't wait to get a pair soon! yours are super cute!

    ReplyDelete