Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Six Demon Bag


I am a planner. I am a list-maker. I think that's why not too many of my projects and ideas are seen through to fruition. I get stuck because I can't finish Item A, so I can't move on to Item B, or C, etc. I'm also a bit of a control freak (it kind of weirds me out to say that, I'm just finally admitting it to myself). As long as things are done my way, and I'm in control, I feel nothing bad can happen.

I'm now realizing the flaws in my reasoning. I'm finally recognizing that I can't control everything, and even if I could, bad or uncomfortable things would still happen. I'm trying to accept the un-knowable, the uncontrollable, the chaos. I know that right now there is no quick fix to what is happening in my life--it's going to take time and effort and the ability to let things go and let them happen as they will. Embrace the spontaneity of life, the fun moments, don't stress and worry about what may or may not come next, and don't try to will things to work out exactly the way I want them.

At least that's how I felt this morning... I tried for days to keep this mentality, but as the minutes tick by and uncertainty, doubt, and rejection take their hold it's extremely hard. I just want to know what the hell is up. I wish I had a Six Demon Bag right now (title from a Man Man Album, but comes from Big Trouble in Little China apparently). Basically it refers to having something that will kick ass and take names. Where do I buy this so-named bag, and does it come in red?

Blazer: Macy's, Top & Bracelet: Urban Outfitters,
Skirt: Anthropologie, Shoes: Payless, Necklace: Modcloth


1 comment:

  1. "What's in it Egg?" I recognized the Six Demon Bag (From "Big Trouble In Little China" awesome movie BTW) - but I did not recognize Man Man Album, I'll have to check that out.
    Love the necklace! I love animal or creature / bug charms.

    ReplyDelete